A total of 15 people including 4 truck drivers have reportedly died at Beitbridge border post where there is a 15-kilometer traffic congestion, South Africa’s Business Day which was quoting the Bloomberg reports.
According to the publication:
Fifteen people have died over the past week while waiting in scorching heat in lines that stretch for least 15km.
- Bad news for Chamisa as Blessing Chebundo & Lillian Timveous join Zanu PF
- JUST IN: VP Kembo Dugish Mohadi breaks silence on having se_x with married women reports
- ‘COVID-19 will end on this date but on one condition’- Bill Gates
- ‘I’m Innocent Victim of Voice Cloning’- Mohadi
- JerusalemaChallenge Backfires For Zimbabwean Companies
Reports of a woman dying on a Zimbabwe bound bus this week circulated on social media and drew sympathy from the general populace that urged the government to do something about the delay. Meanwhile, 4 truck drivers also died at the border where some people have been stuck for over 5 days.
Exhaustion, lack of proper ablution facilities, lack of food, lack of water, and heat are reportedly the major reasons why the delay is slowly turning into a humanitarian crisis.
When the home affairs minister Kazembe Kazember tried to engage his counterpart in South Africa, the latter told him to focus on fixing the economy and not worry about congestion in South African.