4 people succumbed to COVID-19 yesterday bringing the total of of people who died due to the virus to 326. This was revealed by the Health and Child Care Ministry which stated that the deaths were recorded in Manicaland, Bulawayo and Mashonaland East Provinces.
The report stated that:
- COVID-19 STALKS ZIM TYCOONS, MONEY NO LONGER AN ISSUE AS ‘MBINGA BOSSES’ DIE
- Chief Mashayamombe Has Died
- Tropical Storm Eloise To Hit Madagascar Within 24 Hours – MSD
- Stray Lions Terrorize Dande Villagers
- Chemhanza Teachers In Court For Beating Drug Taking Students – Report
About 122 new cases and four deaths were reported in the last 24 hours. 105 are local cases and 17 are returnees from SA. Deaths reported by Mash East (2), Bulawayo (1) and Manicaland (1). 1425 PCR tests were done on Tuesday and the positivity was 8.6 percent.
This comes amid reported that South Africa one of Zimbabwe’ neighbours and home to millions of Zimbabweans is experiencing a second wave of the virus which prompted the country’s president to announce stiff containment measures last week.