The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) will be deploying helicopters to hover above the Limpopo River and the South African Police Service (SAPS) will have boats on the river.
This was revealed by the country’s Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi during a tour of the Beitbridge border, South Africa’s border with Zimbabwe.
Motsoaledi came face to face with dozens of Zimbabweans trying to make their way illegally into South Africa. He said:
- ‘Plot Afoot to Oust MDC-T’s Paurina Mpariwa’
- ZIMSEC pays invigilators with plates of sadza
- Oppah Muchinguri told to resign over covid-19 comments
- Jonathan Moyo faces rape accusations
- Nust students protest over 500% dissertation fees hike
You can’t just come with your fraudulent documents. The person who wants to enter your country with a fraudulent document is undermining your sovereignty, is undermining the order in your country, is undermining al the laws.
Motsoaledi says the government has implemented strict measures to stop people entering the country illegally.