A headmaster at a school in Chipinge District, Manicaland Province, was struck and killed by a bolt of lightning on Thursday afternoon.
William Zvarimwa, the acting head at Rusitu Valley Primary School (Maundwa Primary) was struck while at his goat pen at his homestead under Headman Chivunze in Chief Mutema’s area.
Zvarimwa’s death was confirmed to Chipinge Times by Chipinge Rural Ward 9 councillor, Habit Magona.
- Turkey Expresses Condolences Over Death Of SB Moyo
- The ‘Regime’ Has Weaponised COVID-19 Against Critics-Chamisa
- Teachers, Parents Warned Over Backyard Private Lessons
- Ray Vines Apologises For Mocking Mugabe’s Son, Chatunga
- ‘I Have Lost A Friend’, ED Grieves Over SB Moyo’s Death
Meanwhile, Chipinge Civil Protection Unit (CPU) chairperson William Mashava urged residents to stay at safer places indoors and to avoid standing under trees when there is lightning. He said:
People should avoid standing under trees or being the tallest objects when they are out in the rain.