14,046 positive cases COVID-19 cases and 411 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded in South Africa yesterday, eNCA reports. This has pushed the number of infections recorded in the country to 954, 258.
The country’s Health Minister Zweli Mkhize has said the country might need to review the current COVID-19 containment measures as cases surge to contain the virus:
- “Don’t steam if you have Covid-19 symptoms” Health Expert Warns
- Covid-19: Experts Say Zim Return To Normalcy In 2024
- ALLEGED EMMERSON MNANGAGWA JNR “SB MOYO LETTER” GOES VIRAL..PICTURES
- PICTURES: CHEATING WATERFALLS HARARE COUPLE GETS STUCK DURING SE-X
- MNANGAGWA THREATENS TO UNLEASH ‘RUTHLESS’ SECURITY FORCES TO ENFORCE LOCKDOWN REGULATIONS
This indicates that the virus continues to spread exponentially- indeed the rate of spread is much faster than the first wave and we will surpass the peak of the first wave in the coming days.
We must warn South Africans that we will need to review the current restrictions and consider further measures to ensure that we curb this alarming rate of spread.
According to official statistics over 25 000 people have died because of the virus in South Africa.