A woman suspected to be Zimbabwean, reportedly drowned in the Limpopo River together with her 2 children on Monday as they were attempting to cross into South Africa, iAfrica24 reports.
According to an eyewitness that spoke to the publication, the boat they were using to cross the river capsized a few meters from the river bank. The man who narrated the incident said the woman and her daughter were the first to be swept away by the strong currents when tragedy struck.
- ‘Plot Afoot to Oust MDC-T’s Paurina Mpariwa’
- ZIMSEC pays invigilators with plates of sadza
- Oppah Muchinguri told to resign over covid-19 comments
- Jonathan Moyo faces rape accusations
- Nust students protest over 500% dissertation fees hike
Other people also died in the same accident that claimed the lives of the 3 family members according to the publication which stated that a mother lost her 3-year-old son and a son among the survivors also lost his mother.
Zimbabweans usually use the illegal route to cross into South Africa to look for greener pastures. A few weeks ago a woman fell in the crocodile-infested Limpopo river but she managed to safely swim to the river bank after the incident.