Babes Wodumo is grieving the loss of Jabulani Thamsanqa Zama, the founder of Eyadini Lounge, who passed away due to a severe stroke on Sunday. Tributes are pouring in for Zama as people mourn his passing.
On social media, Babes shared photos of her close relationship with Jabulani and captioned them with a heartfelt message, “RIP Baba Wami ☹️☹️ @eyadiniloungenuz ukhonze lapho ku Mnyeni wami.”
Empathetic fans are consoling the Gqom singer, recalling her previous loss as well. In December 2022, her husband, Mampintsha, also died from a stroke. Supporters are offering prayers and words of comfort, showing their solidarity during this difficult time.
US Universities that Waive GRE, TOEFL, and IELTS for Scholarship Applications
Last Updated By:
August 15, 2023
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
As an international student seeking a fully funded scholarship in the United States, meeting the eligibility requirements of your chosen university is crucial. Among these requirements, English language proficiency exams such as TOEFL and IELTS, as well as the Graduate Record Exams (GRE), are often expected. However, there are universities in the USA that offer waivers for these exams, making scholarship application more accessible.
Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
The GRE assesses a student’s aptitude for graduate-level studies, similar to how the SAT or ACT measure readiness for undergraduate programs. The exam evaluates analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative analysis skills.
Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
TOEFL is a standardized test gauging the English language proficiency of non-native speakers who wish to enroll in English-speaking universities. It assesses reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills, and is accepted by numerous institutions globally.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS is a widely recognized English language proficiency test used for work, higher education, and global migration purposes. It is designed for individuals intending to live, study, or work in English-speaking countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA.
US Universities that Waive GRE, TOEFL and IELTS for Scholarship Applications
List of Universities Waiving IELTS for International Students
Certain US universities waive the IELTS requirement for international students who have completed their secondary education or university studies in English-speaking environments. Some of these institutions include:
- California State University
- Rice University
- University of Texas
- University of Iowa
- University of Dayton
- University of New Orleans
- Drexel State University
- University of Delaware
- University of Colorado
- State University of New York
- University of Arkansas
List of Universities Waiving GRE for International Students
While the GRE is typically required for master’s and doctoral programs in the US, there are universities that grant waivers to international students. Some of these institutions include:
- New York University
- University of Minnesota
- Purdue University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Northeastern University
- Florida State University
- University of Washington – Seattle
- University of Southern Mississippi
- University of Wisconsin
- University of North Carolina
- Auburn University
- Texas A&M University
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Illinois
- George Mason University School of Business
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- Kent State University
- Loyola University of Business
- University of Memphis School of Public Health
- Carnegie Mellon University
Getting a Waiver for GRE
Securing a GRE waiver involves individualized processes, which typically include:
- Prepare Application Materials: Gather transcripts, resumes, recommendation letters, statements of purpose, and relevant essays.
- Contact Admissions Department: Reach out to the admissions department of your chosen university to inquire about GRE requirements and request a waiver petition form.
- Complete the Petition Form: Fill out the provided petition form and submit it along with your application materials. If no waiver option is offered, you can contact the department head.
- Explain Your Reasons: Clearly present your reasons for seeking a GRE waiver, along with supporting qualifications such as grades and professional experience.
- Submit the Form: Send a copy of the petition form with your application to the admissions office and another copy to the department.
- Await Response: If your petition is denied, your application may not be rejected outright. You might receive a request to take the GRE and submit the scores.
Getting a Waiver for IELTS
Requesting an IELTS waiver usually involves satisfying specific criteria set by each institution. Some common waiver criteria include:
- Coming from a country where English is a native language (e.g., USA, UK, Canada, Australia)
- Completing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an English-speaking country
When writing an IELTS waiver letter:
- Plan the structure beforehand
- Be concise and thorough
- Address the letter appropriately
- Get it proofread for errors
Many US universities offer waivers for GRE, TOEFL, and IELTS requirements for international students applying for scholarships. Understanding the specific waiver criteria and procedures is crucial to successfully navigating the application process and securing your chance at a fully funded scholarship in the United States.