A 32 year old cattle rustler from Bindura was yesterday sentenced to 27 years behind bars after he was found guilty of stock theft by magistrate Tendai Chifamba.
The 32 year old Donald Mukombe was convicted after pleading guilty to 3 counts of stock theft while his accomplice Brighton Mudzongachiso who denied the charges is being tried separately.
Prosecutor Vincent Marunya told the court that on November 14 the accused stole 5 cattle from 3 different farms before driving them to Mudzongachiso’s place for storage.
- Robert Mugabe’s son Chatunga in nasty social media fallout with ex-lover
- I Have Run Out Of Food Supplies, Soldiers Assaulted My Wife – Bobi Wine Speaks On House Arrest
- UK Welcomes The Relatively Calm Passing Of Uganda’s Elections – UK Minister For Africa
- Heavy Rains Expected in Matabeleland, Bulawayo, Masvingo & Parts Of Manicaland – MSD
- 14 People Succumb To COVID-19 In Harare As 118 New Cases Are Recorded In The City
The accused sold one beast to ZIMTA Mashonaland central boss, Lewis Banda who assisted police with investigations leading to the convict’s arrest.
The convict was also ordered to restitute one of the stolen cattle which had already been slaughtered.