Harare Magistrate Ngoni Nduna has reserved ruling until tomorrow on a bail application by Harare mayor Jacob Mafume who was re-arrested on Monday.
Mafume SACU Charges Mafume With Criminal Abuse Of Office is being charged with obstruction of the course of justice or alternatively contempt of court for allegedly interfering with a key witness, Edgar Dzehonye, in another matter where he is facing criminal abuse of office.
- Museveni takes commanding lead in polls
- 666 Zimbabweans Have Died From Covid-19 So Far
- ‘Businessman Frank Buyanga Missing’
- Zimbabwe Soldiers Bash Police Officer On Duty Enforcing Lockdown Regulations
- Gwebi US$2.5 Million Money Heist Suspect Shot Dead In Zaka
State prosecutors Constance Ngombengombe and Kudzai Chigwedere opposed granting of bail to Mafume saying he was likely to interfere with witnesses and abscond trial.
Through his lawyer Advocate Thabani Mpofu, Mafume said he was prepared to deposit $30 000 as bail coupled with other conditions.
In postponing the ruling to tomorrow (17 December 2020), Magistrate Nduna said, as quoted by The NewsHawks:
I will go through the submissions tonight and visit case laws cited so the court will only be able to hand down the ruling tomorrow.