A young tycoon, Chinese Billionaire Lin Qi was poisoned and died on Christmas day, BBC reports. Qi was the chairman of Yoozoo which developed the famous game, Game of Thrones: Winter Is Coming strategy game.
According to the publication, a man identified by Shanghai Police as one of Mr. Lin’s colleagues identified only by his surname Xu is the main suspect.
The BBC also claims Mr. Lin was believed to have a net worth of around 6.8bn yuan (US$1,3bn) according to the Hurun China Rich List.
The Company reportedly released a statement mourning the death of their own on the country’s microblogging site Weibo that said:
- CAMEROON CHAN 2021 CAF FOOTBALL FIXTURES: LATEST SCORES UPDATE, MATCH RESULTS, GROUPS TABLE STANDINGS, DATES
- “MINISTERS, MPS, ZANU PF OFFICIALS, ZIM PRESIDIUM GIVEN POISONOUS KILLER VACCINE,” VIRAL AUDIO CLAIMS
- Zimbabwean child president scores 10 As at ‘O’ level
- Zanu-PF bigwigs retreat to farms as Covid-19 bites
- EX-HEALTH MINISTER OBIDIAH MOYO’S LAB SHUT DOWN
Goodbye youth. We will be together, continue to be kind, continue to believe in goodness, and continue the fight against all that is bad.
Local media reports are reportedly alleging that the person in custody for the alleged crime could be Xu Yao, who heads Yoozoo’s movie production arm. Speculation is also rife that Qi might have been poisoned through aged pu’er tea, a fermented Chinese drink.
Yoozoo according to the publication was a leading game developer in China:
Apart from its Game of Thrones game, Yoozoo is also the co-publisher of Supercell’s smash-hit game Brawl Stars along with China’s Tencent Holdings.
The company is also known for its connection with the Chinese sci-fi novel Three-Body Problem as it holds the rights for its film adaptation.