Gweru City Council town clerk, Ms Elizabeth Gwatipedza, has been fired after being found guilty of two counts related to insubordination and incompetence.
- More top MDC Alliance bigwigs to join Zanu PF very soon as Chamisa’s party heads towards a dead end
- Ginimbi left no will: Lawyer in trouble after trying to hand over Ginimbi’s Lamborghini to Kit Kat
- Man who was bashed after being caught with soldier’s wife in car opens up
- Foreign Minister Shava hungers for US, UK talks
- Soul Jah Love sparks debate in Parliament
Gwatipedza who has been on suspension since October last year was guilty of wilful disobedience to a lawful order from the Mayor Councilor Josiah Makombe.
A disciplinary committee also found her guilty of gross inefficiency at the close of the disciplinary hearing before a disciplinary committee.
Ms Gwatipedza had argued through her legal representation that there is no specific provision in the Urban Councils Act which obliged her to take orders from the Mayor as she was supposed to act through council resolutions.
The development was confirmed by Gweru City Council spokesperson, Vimbai Changwaramuse, who however could not give more details on Gwatipedza’s case.
ZBC News saw correspondecies which reveal that Melusi Moyo of Dube-Banda, Nzarayapera legal practitioners presided over the case which stretched for over eight months.
Moyo recommended Gwatipedza’s dismissal with a resolution adopted by a special full council meeting held last Friday sealing her fate.
The development comes when there are pending corruption and abuse of office cases in various councils across the country.