The country’s examinations body, the Zimbabwe Schools Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) on Sunday announced that the November 2020 Ordinary Level Results are out. The examinations body said that candidates who sat for the 2020 O Level examinations can collect their results from their respective schools and centres starting Monday 26 April 2021.
Candidates can also get their results online from the Zimsec Results Portal which will be available on the Zimsec website starting from 11:00am without having to travel to their physical centres.
However, please note that the portal will only start working on Friday morning and will remain available for only FIVE (5) days. After five days, the results will no longer be accessible from the online portal.
Here is how you can view the 2020 Advanced Level examination results online on the Zimsec portal.
1. Enter the ZIMSEC website address, www.zimsec.co.zw and press enter. This will take you to Zimsec’s home page.
2. Click on View Results. This will take you to a page showing the country’s 10 regions.
3. Select the region where your school is located in.
The regions are as follows:
- R1 – Harare
- R2 – Manicaland
- R3 – Mashonaland East
- R4 – Matabeleland North
- R5 – Midlands
- R7 – Masvingo
- R7 – Mashonaland Central
- R8 – Mashonaland West
- R9 – Matabeleland South
- R10 – Bulawayo
4. If you’re not registered already, click “register as a new user”
5. In order to register you will need your centre number, candidate number and date of birth to create an account. When entering the name of the candidate use all capitals and start with the Surname followed by the First Name and finally the initial for the second name, if there is one. If you start with the first name followed by the surname, you may get an error message saying “candidate details not found.”
You will also need to create a username and password for your account.
[Don’t worry, there is a sidebar to help you in case you get confused]
6. After you have registered and created your new account, you will need to log in using the username and password you would have entered.
7. After you enter the username and password, your results will be displayed.
Again, please note that the portal is only accessible for five days starting from Monday, 26 April 2021.