The MDC Alliance Secretary for Security and Defense former Police Commissioner Emmanuel Chimwanda has died. Chimwanda reportedly succumbed to an undisclosed illness in Harare last night.
The MDC Alliance posted the development on Twitter in a post that said:
- ‘Only God Knows How Covid-19 Will End’ – Chiwenga As He Buries Comrades
- ‘Crazy and evil’: Bill Gates surprised by pandemic conspiracies
- Former Zanu-PF MP, Killer Zivhu kills critics for real, equits them to ‘dogs and baboons
- Grandpa Stubbornly Risks His Life To Have S.e.x
- Stop hoarding COVID vaccines, African Union Chair Ramaphosa tells rich nations
#BREAKING Former Police Senior Assistant Commissioner & MDC Alliance Secretary for Security and Defence, Mr Emmanuel Chimwanda has passed away.
The MDC Alliance mourns the passing of Ass. Comm. Emmanuel Chimwanda, MDC Alliance Secretary for Security & Defence and former Commissioner of the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission. The struggle is poorer without him. May his soul rest in peace.
The Late Ass. Comm. Chimwanda was a man of justice. During the violent Bikita West by-elections in the 2000s, Chimwanda stood for peace. His commitment to the ideal of a non-violent, non-partisan, professional police force will be his enduring legacy. May he rest in peace.
Details about burial arrangements are still sketchy. We will update this article if new details emerge.