ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 12 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 14 APRIL 2021.
Light showers occurred over Chibero and Marondera on Sunday afternoon: besides that, the country was mostly sunny, relatively dry and warm. with Sunday evening and Monday morning both being cool.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 13 APRIL 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected across the country. It should be cool at first, becoming warm by afternoon and mild towards evening.
• These cool weather conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, elderly and ill persons.
• Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
• Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
• Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours,
• Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
• Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing on-farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
• Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
• Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 14 APRIL 2021
Sunny and warm conditions are expected over most pans of Zimbabwe: however, it should be cool both in the morning and evening.