A headmaster at a school in Chipinge District, Manicaland Province, was struck and killed by a bolt of lightning on Thursday afternoon.
William Zvarimwa, the acting head at Rusitu Valley Primary School (Maundwa Primary) was struck while at his goat pen at his homestead under Headman Chivunze in Chief Mutema’s area.
Zvarimwa’s death was confirmed to Chipinge Times by Chipinge Rural Ward 9 councillor, Habit Magona.
- Government axes WHO, Unicef from Zimbabwe Covid activities
- South Africa lacks the will to rescue Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Companies Move To Import And Sell COVID-19 Vaccines
- Drama as woman removes her panty and wears it as mask at the centre of a supermarket
- BREAKING: Those Who Aren’t Vaccinated Won’t Get Jobs or Board Zupco buses
Meanwhile, Chipinge Civil Protection Unit (CPU) chairperson William Mashava urged residents to stay at safer places indoors and to avoid standing under trees when there is lightning. He said:
People should avoid standing under trees or being the tallest objects when they are out in the rain.