14,046 positive cases COVID-19 cases and 411 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded in South Africa yesterday, eNCA reports. This has pushed the number of infections recorded in the country to 954, 258.
The country’s Health Minister Zweli Mkhize has said the country might need to review the current COVID-19 containment measures as cases surge to contain the virus:
- Man assaults cheating wife, burns bedroom, kills self
- Mohadi resignation unexpected, says Mnangagwa
- If Rhodesia developed due to exploitation, why isn’t Zimbabwe more developed as it’s even more exploitative?
- Kaizer Chiefs Might Offload Willard Katsande – Report
- Nadia Nakai Bags New Role On Channel O
This indicates that the virus continues to spread exponentially- indeed the rate of spread is much faster than the first wave and we will surpass the peak of the first wave in the coming days.
We must warn South Africans that we will need to review the current restrictions and consider further measures to ensure that we curb this alarming rate of spread.
According to official statistics over 25 000 people have died because of the virus in South Africa.