The UK In Zimbabwe has taken the time to address the arrest and detention of Joana Mamombe and Cecelia Chimbiri who according to ZRP were arrested because they insulted police officers.
- The race to succeed Kembo Mohadi is on
- Bona wanted to take over Telecel but Mugabe stopped her
- Soul Jah Love Escaped Death 5 Times, Died On The…
- Chiwenga builds new million dollar “White House” in Borrowdale (See Pics)
- Marry Chiwenga To Visit Prophet Magaya For ‘Healing’ of Smelly Wounds
Using microblogging site Twitter The UK In Zimbabwe said everyone has a right to speak freely as provided for in the 2013 constitution:
We are closely following the arrests and detention of Joana Mamombe and Cecilia Chimbiri, apparently for comments made to a police officer regarding COVID-19. Free speech is a right enshrined in the 2013 Constitution
The duo’s bail hearing was postponed to today and according to reports coming from the court, the state is opposing bail on the basis that the duo is undermining the court by committing a crime while they are on trial.