The ruling ZANU PF party says members who are not happy are free to leave rather than cause unnecessary friction from within.
Speaking during a Provincial Coordinating Committee meeting in Chivi on Sunday, ZANU PF National Secretary for Legal Affairs Paul Mangwana said:
The doors are wide open. If you want to leave the party, you can go. The party will remain stronger.
This comes after disgruntled ZANU PF members staged a demonstration against Masvingo provincial chair Ezra Chadzamira following chaotic District Coordinating Committee (DCC) elections held recently.
Addressing the same meeting, Chadzamira warned party supporters against abusing social media platforms by posting “lies” against party leaders. He said:
- Man assaults cheating wife, burns bedroom, kills self
- Mohadi resignation unexpected, says Mnangagwa
- If Rhodesia developed due to exploitation, why isn’t Zimbabwe more developed as it’s even more exploitative?
- Kaizer Chiefs Might Offload Willard Katsande – Report
- Nadia Nakai Bags New Role On Channel O
This social media abuse should stop and let us stop posting lies against our party leaders.
Former Chivi South legislator Killer Zivhu was expelled from the party after Masvingo Province recommended his sacking on allegations of abusing social media.