Media personality Unathi Nkayi has candidly discussed her life post-KAYA 959 and Idols SA, shedding light on her rift with longtime friend Somizi. In a revealing podcast called “Uncancelled,” hosted by Gareth Cliff, Unathi addressed various inquiries from her fans. The interview delved into her lost friendships, her past marriage, and her current stance on dating.
Unathi faced significant challenges in 2021, losing her position at Kaya 959 radio station following a dispute with Sizwe Dhlomo. She revealed that this incident led her to a year of therapy due to the aftermath, including financial difficulties such as not paying her mortgage for a year. Additionally, Unathi explained her departure from Idols SA in 2022 and the reasons behind her fractured friendship with Somizi, citing his perceived favoritism during her divorce from Thomas Msengana.
Despite her positive relationship with her ex-husband, Unathi expressed a reluctance to pursue new romantic relationships due to past dating traumas. As she navigates her personal journey, Unathi’s focus remains on her healing and growth.
FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY IN SWITZERLAND 2023
Fully Funded Scholarships in Switzerland 2023 | Top List
Are you considering the possibility of studying in Switzerland with full sponsorship? Switzerland offers a range of major fully funded scholarships for international students, presenting a fantastic opportunity to commence your studies in 2023. Switzerland is known for its quality education, excellent infrastructure, and outstanding healthcare system, attracting thousands of international students annually.
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
Yearly Influx of Scholarships
Switzerland hosts more than 10,000 fully funded scholarships each year, welcoming students from around the globe. Below, we highlight some of the most sought-after scholarships that you can apply for to begin your fully funded studies in 2023.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships support both master’s and PhD studies. This scholarship offers exceptional master’s degree holders the chance to pursue PhD research in Switzerland. It covers research across all subjects and master’s studies in various fields.
Moreover, it provides an opportunity for bachelor’s degree holders from 180 countries to pursue Master of Arts degree programs. Around 10% of the Swiss Excellence Government Scholarship is allocated to art scholarships. Applications for the 2023/2024 intake are now open through the dedicated application portal.
This fully funded scholarship includes:
- Accommodation allowance (CHF 300 housing allowance)
- Full tuition fee coverage
- Medical insurance
- Monthly stipends (CHF 1,920)
- Airfare allowance
- Research funding
Requirements for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
To apply for the Swiss government excellence scholarship, you will need:
- A motivational letter
- CV detailing academic achievements and publications
- Completed FCS research proposal form
- Bachelor’s certificate for art students or master’s certificate
- Academic transcripts from previous institutions
- Nomination letter from a Professor at a Swiss university indicating willingness to supervise your research
- Signed FCS medical certificate form
- Two copies of your international passport (applicants with dual citizenship should provide copies of both passports)
- Two recommendation letters (using FCS reference forms) from previous professors in your home country
- Other requirements specific to your chosen program of study
ETH Zurich Scholarships
ETH Zurich is a renowned university recognized for its exceptional research and education in fields like medicine, neuroscience, economics, and more. ETH Zurich offers fully funded scholarships for international students seeking to pursue master’s programs:
- Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Program (ESOP): This scholarship covers full tuition, mentorship, networking, and a grant (CHF 12,000 per semester) for living expenses.
- ETH-D Scholarship: This scholarship provides full tuition coverage and a stipend of CHF 7,500 per semester for living expenses. The applicant’s department may also offer graduate assistantship roles or a scholarship of CHF 3000 per semester.
Requirements to Apply for ETH Zurich Scholarships
To be eligible for ETH Zurich scholarships, you should:
- Complete the online application form for both scholarships (applications are submitted via the university’s online Master application eApply portal)
- Provide a well-cited pre-proposal for your master’s thesis
- Include details of two referees
University of Geneva Excellence Master’s Scholarships
The University of Geneva, a prominent research institution, offers the Excellence Master’s Scholarships for international students. While not fully funded, these scholarships offer significant financial relief, with recipients receiving CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year. The funds can be used to cover tuition, fees, accommodation costs, or other expenses.
Requirements to Apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Master’s Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you need to provide:
- Two letters of recommendation from previous professors
- Bachelor’s degree transcript
- Motivational letter outlining academic goals and research interests
- Proof of matriculation process initiation or scan of international passport and University of Geneva card
- English proficiency test scores or GRE scores
Applications for this scholarship open in December, offering an excellent opportunity for science-oriented students.
Embrace the Opportunity
With these fully funded scholarships, Switzerland opens its doors to international students seeking quality education and enriching experiences. Explore these opportunities and take the first step towards your academic journey in Switzerland.