In the most recent episode of “Uthando Nes’thembu,” viewers were treated to a dramatic showdown between Musa Mseleku’s wives as they quarreled over makeup artists.
Mzansi was left in disbelief when Makhumalo organized for two makeup artists without consulting the other sister wives. The episode revolved around their preparations for the Durban July event.
Judging by the reactions of MaNgwabe and MaYeni, it was clear that Makhumalo had failed to involve them in her plans, and instead, she exclusively communicated with MaCele. This growing closeness between Makhumalo and MaCele had been a topic of conversation since the previous episode of Uthando Nes’thembu, raising questions about the nature of their newfound connection.
Viewers began to wonder whether there was more to this friendship than met the eye, and it seemed that Makhumalo and MaCele were, in fact, uniting against MaYeni and MaNgwabe.
In the episode, Makhumalo suggested that the new makeup artist would work on MaYeni and MaNgwabe, while the regular makeup artists would handle herself and MaCele. This decision didn’t sit well with MaYeni, who had hoped to have the new makeup artist exclusively. Tensions escalated as MaYeni confronted Makhumalo and MaCele, accusing them of making decisions without consulting her and MaNgwabe.
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
Throughout the episode, MaNgwabe remained silent and withdrew to her room, refusing to join the discussion. Makhumalo proposed a compromise in which both makeup artists would work on different individuals in succession, but MaYeni rejected the idea. This led to a heated argument over makeup, with MaYeni ultimately opting to go with the regular makeup artists, asserting her independence.
Many viewers took to social media to express their opinions, with some blaming Makhumalo for introducing a new makeup artist when they already had an established one. The episode left fans of the show eagerly awaiting further developments in the complex relationships of the sister wives.
World’s Top Ten Most Powerful Computers and Their Estimated Prices
In the fast-evolving world of technology, computing power continues to surge to new heights. From research to artificial intelligence, weather forecasting to nuclear simulations, the world’s most powerful computers play a pivotal role in advancing science, industry, and our daily lives. As of 2023, here’s a look at the top ten most powerful supercomputers worldwide, along with their estimated prices:
1. Fugaku (RIKEN and Fujitsu – Japan)
- Peak Performance: 442 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $1 billion
- Description: The reigning champion, Fugaku, retains its top position with remarkable performance, making it more powerful than all other supercomputers combined.
2. Summit (IBM – USA)
- Peak Performance: 148.6 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $200 million
- Description: Located at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Summit is a vital resource for diverse scientific research, including climate modeling and energy solutions.
3. Sierra (IBM – USA)
- Peak Performance: 94.6 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $160 million
- Description: Sierra is a critical component of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s mission, primarily focusing on nuclear weapon simulation and national security.
4. Sunway TaihuLight (NRCPC – China)
- Peak Performance: 93 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $270 million
- Description: The Chinese supercomputer held the top position for a while and is still a powerhouse in scientific research and engineering simulations.
5. Selene (NVIDIA – USA)
- Peak Performance: 63.4 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $90 million
- Description: Selene, powered by NVIDIA’s DGX A100 systems, is dedicated to AI and high-performance computing applications.
6. Tianhe-2A (NRCPC – China)
- Peak Performance: 61.4 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $390 million
- Description: Tianhe-2A continues to be a workhorse in various scientific research fields, including climate modeling and astrophysics.
7. Perlmutter (Cray – USA)
- Peak Performance: 32 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $146 million
- Description: Located at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Perlmutter is indispensable in solving complex scientific problems with a focus on energy efficiency.
8. HPC5 (Eni S.p.A. – Italy)
- Peak Performance: 35.5 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $120 million
- Description: HPC5 supports Eni’s research in the energy sector, contributing to the development of sustainable energy solutions.
9. Lassen (IBM – USA)
- Peak Performance: 20.2 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $46 million
- Description: Lassen, part of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, plays a crucial role in nuclear security and stockpile stewardship.
10. MareNostrum (BSC – Spain)
- Peak Performance: 11.1 Petaflops
- Price Estimate: $34 million
- Description: Located at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, MareNostrum aids in a wide range of scientific and engineering applications, from weather forecasting to material science.
The estimated prices listed above are rough approximations based on the costs of development, infrastructure, and maintenance. These supercomputers are often funded and operated by governments, research institutions, and multinational corporations, highlighting the immense investments required to advance technology and drive innovation.
These supercomputers are instrumental in solving some of the most complex and pressing global challenges. As technology continues to advance, it’s certain that even more powerful machines will be developed in the years to come, pushing the boundaries of what is possible in science and computing.