Samthing Soweto, the renowned artist, has sparked concerns among fans as a recent photo revealed a noticeable decline in his health, attributed to significant weight loss. Speculations on social media have arisen, suggesting that the artist might be grappling with diabetes, drawing parallels to the weight loss experienced by Sophie Ndaba in the past.
Following a fresh haircut, Samthing Soweto shared snapshots on his social media, inviting fan opinions on his new look. Unfortunately, a wave of criticism ensued, with many fans expressing distress over his appearance and drawing comparisons to his earlier self.
At present, it has been confirmed by his family that Samthing Soweto will be withdrawing from the public eye temporarily, signifying a period of hiatus due to his deteriorating health.
Below are some of the comments from Twitter:
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
Leave Samthing Soweto alone!! I hate the entitlement that most of y’all think you have over our bodies as celebrities, one can’t even take care of their well-being in peace.
Hate that you guys are doing to Samthing Soweto what Americans did to Chadwick Boseman. Y’all are annoying af. Nxa.
I have such a soft spot for Samthing Soweto and what people are doing to him is absolutely disgusting. I can’t imagine how he feels right now, clearly he has not been okay since the pandemic. People are just making it worse.
Do people know how uncomfortable it is when people comment on your changed weight? Whether you’ve gained or lost it? It’s so uncomfortable, please leave Samthing Soweto alone
UN Women in Zimbabwe: Opportunity Knocks with 2 Job Vacancies
Are you ready to make a difference and be part of a movement for gender equality and empowerment? UN Women in Zimbabwe is inviting applications for two exciting job vacancies that could be your chance to contribute to meaningful change.
Vacancy 1: Project Officer – A Champion of Change
As a Project Officer, you’ll be at the forefront of planning, implementing, and managing UN Women’s initiatives. Reporting to the Deputy Country Representative, you’ll be the driving force behind projects that promote gender equality and empowerment. From collaborating with various teams and government officials to providing technical expertise, your role will shape the path towards a more equitable society.
- Develop strategic program strategies focusing on Women’s Economic Empowerment and the strengthening of national institutions.
- Manage the implementation of programs and projects, overseeing budgeting and partner activities.
- Provide guidance to partners and offer capacity development to enhance gender equality efforts.
- Monitor projects, prepare reports, and contribute to inter-agency coordination for maximum impact.
- Be a vital link in the chain of advocacy, communication, and knowledge-building for gender equality.
Vacancy 2: Programme Specialist – A Catalyst for Change
As a Programme Specialist in Governance and Women’s Political Participation, you’ll play a pivotal role in driving initiatives that strengthen women’s voices and leadership. Collaborating with partners and teams, you’ll design, implement, and manage programs that shape the future of gender equality. Reporting to the Deputy Country Representative, you’ll be the change-maker working on issues like Women’s Political Participation, Peace, and Security.
- Develop strategic program strategies focusing on Governance, Women’s Leadership, and Political Participation, Peace, and Security.
- Manage program implementation, budgeting, and partner coordination to achieve impactful outcomes.
- Lead capacity-building initiatives for partners to enhance gender equality efforts.
- Oversee project monitoring, reporting, and contribute to inter-agency collaboration.
- Be the driving force behind advocacy, communication, and knowledge-building for gender equality.
What You Need:
Both positions require individuals who resonate with UN Women’s core values and possess competencies that include awareness of gender issues, accountability, effective communication, collaboration, and leading by example. A strong educational background and experience in related fields are crucial.
Don’t Miss This Chance:
The opportunity to be part of UN Women’s impactful work doesn’t knock every day. If you’re passionate about gender equality and want to make a tangible difference, these job vacancies could be your stepping stones.
Interested candidates should seize this opportunity by submitting their applications before the deadline of. More details and information on how to apply can be found at the official UN Women website.
UN Women in Zimbabwe is your gateway to becoming a force for change. Join the movement and be the catalyst for a more equal future.