The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) is hiring and invites applications for the vacancy: ADMINISTRATION CLERK: CASHIER REF NO: DMRE/2416.
Closing date: 14 August 2023
SALARY: R202 233 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: Northern Cape Region, Kimberly
Cashier job vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) with 1-year relevant experience
- Knowledge of: Appropriate knowledge, experience in administration. Computer literacy and knowledge and experience of MS word, MS excel. Procurement directives and procedures.
- Skills: Good communication- oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills – helpful skills and politeness. Problem-solving skills. Organizational skills.
- Thinking Demands: problem-solving by applying standing instruction or procedures. Decision-making mostly in respect of own work.
- Receive instruction/guidance on several subject areas which are straightforward. Customer-orientated ensuring that Batho Pele principles are upheld.
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
- Receive payments, issue receipts, and register applications in a remittance register.
- Issue petty cash advances and compile requests for replenishment.
- Capture receipts on BAS.
- Follow-up on unreturned petty cash requests and submit to head office.
- Collect bank statements, receive invoices and do banking of receivables and petty cash.
- Process the receipts and confirm the allocation of unidentified payment received.
- Handle inquiries including proof of payment from the Auditor General and administer S & T claims, telephone, and cell phone accounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your application, quoting the reference, addressed to: The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007.
Application may also be hand-delivered to Trevenna Campus, corner Meintjies and Francis Baard Street, former Schoeman alternatively to Matimba House Building 192 Visagie Street Corner Paul Kruger & Visagie Street, Pretoria.
Candidates who wish to apply must forward a comprehensive CV and fully completed and originally signed NEW Z83 form only (obtainable from all Government Departments).
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to bring certified documents on or before the day of the interview.
The application must be submitted in an envelope with the correct reference number of the post clearly indicated.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that his/her foreign qualifications have been verified and evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and DHET.
Due to the large number of applications anticipated, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date should regard their applications as unsuccessful.
Mr R Mariri Tel No: (053) 807 1776