South African DJ Sithelo Shozi Accused of Neglecting Her Mother Amidst Lavish Lifestyle
South African female DJ Sithelo Shozi has come under scrutiny on social media due to her extravagant spending, which has raised concerns among some users about her alleged neglect of her mother’s financial struggles.
Sources close to her family have claimed that Sithelo has been neglecting her mother, who allegedly resides in a two-roomed house in rural KwaZulu-Natal.
The allegations came to light when an Instagram user shared this explosive claim on Popcorn Room, Maphephandaba, after the page congratulated the DJ on her recent successes.
Sithelo recently made headlines for her acquisitions, including a 2 million rand worth car and a collection of expensive high-end fashion designer clothes, such as Alexander McQueen, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton, among others. She also underwent body reconstruction surgery in Turkey and invested in new dental work.
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
Curious social media users began speculating that Sithelo received millions from her former mother-in-law, MaMkhize, in exchange for staying away from her son Andile and dropping her abuse allegations against the Mkhize family. Sithelo vehemently denied these claims, asserting that she had been working hard to attain her financial success and that the court date for her case against Andile Mpisane was approaching.
She stated, “I’ve protected myself and with my truth with my silence letting my attorneys deal with it as best as possible. As stated previously, the order date is the 31st of October, and I stand firm in all I’ve said. Nothing has changed. Gender-based violence is a serious matter in this country, and nobody/no bribes could have erased the damage caused by the perpetrator. To answer the question, No,” in response to the rumors.
Nevertheless, doubts persist on the internet regarding the source of her wealth.
Some individuals who claim to personally know Sithelo from her rural home further allege that her mother is experiencing financial difficulties while Sithelo flaunts her wealth online. It appears that Sithelo is determined not to let her extravagant lifestyle be affected by the financial responsibilities often referred to as “black tax.”
The World’s Top Ten Supercomputers: Power and Price Revealed
In an era marked by unprecedented technological advancements, the world’s most powerful computers continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. These high-performance machines are not only blazing trails in scientific research, but they also come with jaw-dropping price tags. Here’s a glimpse into the top ten most powerful supercomputers in the world and their estimated prices.
- Fugaku (Riken Center for Computational Science, Japan)
- Peak Performance: 442 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $1.2 billion
- Fugaku retains its top position as the world’s fastest supercomputer, with immense computational capabilities. It’s instrumental in various scientific and engineering applications.
- Summit (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA)
- Peak Performance: 200 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $200 million
- Summit remains one of the most powerful supercomputers worldwide, contributing to research in climate modeling, astrophysics, and materials science.
- Sierra (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA)
- Peak Performance: 94.6 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $280 million
- Sierra excels in simulating nuclear weapon performance, enhancing national security, and supporting scientific discovery.
- Sunway TaihuLight (National Supercomputing Center, China)
- Peak Performance: 93 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $275 million
- Although no longer the world’s fastest, Sunway TaihuLight is a remarkable feat of Chinese engineering, driving advancements in various scientific fields.
- Tianhe-2 (National Supercomputer Center, China)
- Peak Performance: 61 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $390 million
- Tianhe-2 has been a vital part of China’s research landscape, especially in areas like climate modeling, weather forecasting, and molecular modeling.
- Selene (NVIDIA, USA)
- Peak Performance: 63.4 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $65 million
- Selene is a commercial supercomputer designed for AI and scientific research, featuring NVIDIA’s GPUs for high-speed computing.
- Perlmutter (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA)
- Peak Performance: 30.1 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $146 million
- Perlmutter focuses on advanced simulations for astrophysics, climate science, and materials research.
- Trinity (Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA)
- Peak Performance: 20.2 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $174 million
- Trinity plays a significant role in nuclear weapons research, national security, and various scientific domains.
- HPC4 (Eni S.p.A, Italy)
- Peak Performance: 18.6 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $27 million
- HPC4 serves the energy industry, aiding Eni in reservoir simulations, seismic imaging, and more.
- Piz Daint (Swiss National Supercomputing Centre, Switzerland)
- Peak Performance: 19.6 Petaflops
- Estimated Price: $60 million
- Piz Daint supports research in climate science, materials science, and geophysics, making significant contributions to environmental studies.
Supercomputers, though costly to build and maintain, are pivotal for scientific and technological progress. These machines are instrumental in solving complex problems, from climate modeling to national security, and are driving innovation in various fields. The ever-evolving world of high-performance computing promises even more exciting developments in the years to come.