Music fans and followers of popular singer Mohbad, whose real name is Ilerioluwa Aloba, gathered at his burial site in Ikorodu, Lagos, to witness the exhumation of his body.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa, led a team of police officers and health officials in the exhumation process. A video of the exhumation quickly spread on social media, where some of Mohbad’s fans claimed he was not dead but buried alive. They alleged seeing fresh blood seven days after his burial, demanding a thorough investigation into his sudden death.
Mohbad’s controversial death on September 12, 2023, had sparked outrage among his fans, leading to protests in Lagos, Ogun States, and other parts of the country.
In response, the Inspector-General of Police ordered a forensic investigation, prompting the exhumation of the singer’s body by a ten-member team of investigators, including pathologists and homicide detectives.
The body was taken for an autopsy, but the State Commissioner of Police could not meet with Mohbad’s father in Ikorodu as initially planned.
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
How the Apple iPhone 15 price compares with all previous iPhones
Apple Unveils iPhone 15 Lineup at Annual Event
Apple, the world’s most valuable company with a staggering worth of approximately $2.75 trillion, has officially announced the release of the highly anticipated iPhone 15 series during their annual September event held in Cupertino, California. This event marks the continuation of Apple’s longstanding tradition of unveiling new iPhone models each year.
Four New iPhone 15 Models
Apple’s latest iPhone lineup includes four distinct models, each catering to different preferences and budgets:
- iPhone 15 ($799 – $1099)
- iPhone 15 Plus ($899 – $1199)
- iPhone 15 Pro ($999 – $1499)
- iPhone 15 Pro Max ($1199 – $1599)
Notable Changes and Features
One of the significant changes in the iPhone 15 series is the choice of processors:
- iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus: These models will be powered by last year’s A16 Bionic chip, offering reliable performance and capabilities.
- iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max: These premium models will feature Apple’s new 3nm process A17 Pro chip, expected to deliver exceptional speed and efficiency.
Transition to USB-C Charging
Perhaps one of the most notable changes this year is related to charging technology. In compliance with European legislation and global trends, Apple has made a pivotal shift by adopting the USB-C charging standard.
This transition replaces the long-standing Lightning port, and it is expected to enhance data transfer speeds while also reducing the need for consumers to purchase various chargers for different devices.
A Look Back at iPhone Price Evolution
The unveiling of new iPhones has been a yearly tradition since Apple’s co-founder, Steve Jobs, introduced the very first iPhone in 2007. The iPhone has since become an iconic and best-selling product, with its price points evolving over the years:
- First iPhone (2007): The inaugural iPhone had a starting price of $499.
- iPhone 3G (2008): Apple’s revamp of the iPhone 3G came at a more affordable starting price of $199.
- iPhone 5c (2013): The iPhone 5c introduced vibrant colors and was available starting at $99, marking a significant shift towards affordability.
- iPhone Plus Models (2014 onwards): Prices gradually increased with the introduction of Plus models, featuring larger screens and higher costs.
- iPhone X (2017): The iPhone X marked a significant price jump, starting at $999, which was initially seen as formidable but became more accepted over time.
- iPhone 15 (2023): The entry-level iPhone 15, starting at $799, shares the same starting price as the previous three models, maintaining a relatively stable price point.
The table below provides a comprehensive comparison of entry-level and flagship iPhone models’ prices from 2007 to 2023, highlighting the evolution of iPhone pricing over the years.