Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development (DID) Recruiting 1000 Unemployed South Africans for Vacant Land & Facilities Maintenance Programme 2023/2024
The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development (DID) has announced a recruitment drive aimed at addressing unemployment in South Africa. The department is seeking to hire 1000 unemployed individuals to participate in the Vacant Land & Facilities Maintenance Programme for the 2023/2024 period.
This initiative falls under the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) and aims to provide opportunities for both youth and adults between the ages of 18 and 55.
Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development is hiring
Programme Details and Requirements
The Vacant Land & Facilities Maintenance Programme will run for a duration of 12 months. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
- Ability to read and write, with basic communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to utilize various types of hand tools.
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision on vacant land.
- No prior experience is necessary, although exposure to working on vacant land sites will be advantageous.
- Availability for the entire programme duration and willingness to sign a non-renewable fixed contract.
- Residency in the ward and proximity to the project site.
- No criminal record.
Competencies, Skills, and Duties
Applicants should possess knowledge and understanding of the basic legislative framework governing the waste and environmental sector. Additionally, a basic understanding of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) procedures related to working on vacant land is required. Familiarity with the Batho Pele principles is also desirable.
Good verbal and written communication skills are considered essential, along with the following attributes: job knowledge, teamwork, interpersonal relations, and flexibility. The duties of participants in the programme will include ongoing maintenance tasks such as site clearance, debris removal, cutting of grass and tree felling, and loading and offloading waste at landfill sites.
Restrictions and Eligible Wards
Applicants who have previously participated in any EPWP programme across the government within the past five years will not be considered. Only individuals residing in specific wards will be eligible for consideration. The eligible wards are as follows:
- Central Corridor (City of Johannesburg): Ward 63, Ward 110, Ward 106, Ward 54, Ward 23, Ward 07, Ward 100, Ward 01, Ward 45
- Northern Corridor (City of Tshwane): Ward 87, Ward 60, Ward 47, Ward 49, Ward 84, Ward 83, Ward 41, Ward 103, Ward 193, Ward 20, Ward 64
- Eastern Corridor (City of Ekurhuleni): Ward 45, Ward 24, Ward 17, Ward 97, Ward 91, Ward 95
- Southern Corridor (Sedibeng, Emfuleni & Midvaal Districts): Ward 01, Ward 44, Ward 45
- Western Corridor (Merafong & Rand West Districts): Ward 15, Ward 05, Ward 17, Ward 21, Ward 22
- South Rand: A1 Bleskbok, Leeuhoof, Vereeniging
Applications for the Vacant Land & Facilities Maintenance Programme must be hand-delivered to the nearest Department of Infrastructure Development office. The following documents, accompanied by the new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or www.dpsa.gov.za/documents), should be submitted:
- Printed CV
- Certified ID Copy (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of Bank Account in the applicant’s name
- Personal Tax Certificate
- Signed Proof of Address (from the Ward Councilor)
The application period is open from July 13, 2023, and will close on July 31, 2023, at 16:00 PM.
For any inquiries, interested individuals may contact Mr. Sabata Banda at (076) 946 6000.
Related Job Vacancies: Packaging Quality Controller at RCL Foods | Artisan Fitter – Mechanical at Eskom