Sonia Mbele’s production company, Sonia Mbele Films, is reportedly in competition with Netflix to create a captivating docuseries narrating the story of Thabo Bester and Dr Nandipha Magudumana, a contemporary Bonnie and Clyde duo.
Reports suggest that Mbele’s personal connection to the couple, as well as her visit to Thabo Bester in prison, hint at a deeper involvement beyond documentary production. Sonia’s determination to accurately portray their tale is evident as her company strives to secure the rights for the project. Additionally, international interest in this saga has led to discussions with an American production company, showcasing global attention to the couple’s story.
Top Scholarships in Ukraine for International Students [Without IELTS]
Interested in pursuing a Ukrainian scholarship? Discover the top scholarships available in Ukraine that don’t require IELTS scores. These scholarships provide opportunities for international students to study in Ukraine, and many of them offer full funding. However, some programs may be partially funded, necessitating students to cover a portion of their expenses.
Why Study in Ukraine
Join 'Mzansi Trending' on WhatsApp "Mzansi Trending" keeps you in the know about the hottest entertainment news in South Africa. From celebrity gossip to the latest soapie releases!
🌍🌟 Yoin our channel for daily updates on what's trending and make sure you never miss a beat in the world of South African entertainment. 🇿🇦🌟 🚀
Ukraine, the second-largest country in Eastern Europe after Russia, boasts a substantial international student population. With over 75,000 international students from various countries currently studying in Ukraine, the country’s educational offerings are globally recognized. Degrees obtained from Ukrainian institutions hold considerable value worldwide.
Courses at Ukrainian universities are primarily conducted in English, French, Ukrainian, and Russian. Proficiency in any of these languages guarantees admission to the scholarship programs listed below. Furthermore, international students can even apply for a work permit while pursuing their studies in Ukraine.
Top Scholarships in Ukraine Without IELTS
Here are some prominent scholarship opportunities for international students in Ukraine that do not require IELTS scores:
- IREX Scholarships: IREX, a non-governmental organization funded by the Ukrainian government, supports researchers within the Ukrainian educational sector. This scholarship enables researchers to study foreign policy-related topics for a duration of 2-9 months.
- Gilman Scholarship: Designed for minority and disabled students, the Gilman Scholarship is a 2-year program. Successful candidates receive an award ranging from $4,000 to $5,000. Additional funding of $8,000 is granted to those who choose to study a language on the critical need list. This scholarship is applicable to studies abroad in any country other than the candidate’s home country.
- Boren Scholarships: Offered by the National Security Education Program, Boren Scholarships target international students. Preferred programs include Ukrainian and Russian language courses, which replace the need for IELTS scores.
- Valued at $20,000, the scholarship is highly competitive, and recipients are expected to serve the Ukrainian government after completion of the program. Fellowship options worth $30,000 are also available, with employment opportunities in various government departments.
- Language Institute in L’viv and University of Kansas Collaborative Awards: This 6-week program focuses on teaching the Ukrainian language to international students. No prior language experience is necessary. The program includes subjects like history, economics, and culture of Ukraine. Open to students from accredited universities, it provides an opportunity to earn credits for language and area studies.
- School of Russian and Asian Studies Scholarship: This scholarship offers financial aid of $5,000 and covers tuition fees. An additional $750 award is available to students interested in studying art and culture. Recipients of this scholarship may work in NGOs, theaters, or museums.
Ukrainian Government Scholarships
The Ukrainian government extends scholarships to foreign students, ensuring their education at national universities. These scholarships are typically established through intergovernmental agreements with the students’ home countries.
The scholarship amount varies and often covers the entirety of the recipient’s educational expenses in Ukraine. In some cases, language requirements can be waived if candidates provide alternative proof of language proficiency, such as a memorandum of instruction certificate (MOI) from a previous institution or a personal letter.
Studying in Ukraine Without IELTS
While IELTS is not mandatory for studying in Ukraine, alternatives exist, especially for students with learning disorders like ESL. Since the primary languages of instruction are English, Russian, Ukrainian, and French, international students must demonstrate proficiency in one of these languages or provide a certificate of English proficiency from their previous institution.
For those interested in learning Ukrainian or Russian languages, opportunities for language study are available upon arrival in Ukraine, even if the students lack prior language skills.
Ukraine offers a range of attractive scholarship opportunities for international students, making it possible to pursue higher education without the need for IELTS scores. With diverse courses taught in multiple languages and a welcoming environment, Ukraine stands as an appealing destination for education and personal growth.